Maybe a Conference won’t kill you, but it can certainly make you feel like you’ve been hit by a MAC truck.
We had so many memorable moments from last week’s Social Media Summit and we thought you might enjoy reminiscing with us. From funny to amazing to brilliant to sweet, last week was a stunner for Wahine Media. This blog is like our week, wild and crazy. Here are our best (and worst) moments…
Social Media Club #SMCHI – Tuesday
What’s the ROI of an Elephant – Presenters Karen Weikert and Gwen Woltz | Wahine Media
- Even with Karen’s pad o’ notes, she choked. Granted it was hot under those spots, but she definitely looked like a deer in the headlights. (Did you forget you wrote the script Karen?)
- Gwen conquered one of her biggest fears, public speaking, and was a rock star saving the presentation and the day!
- The presentation went viral – Slideshare.net featured us on their home page and ROI of an Elephant now has over 11,989 views!
Social Media Summit #SMSHI – Wednesday
Our favorite moments:
- No Wifi??? – at a Technology and Social Media Conference? Tell me it isn’t so!
- Peter wearing his superhero cape, comes to Karen’s rescue and shares his mobile hot spot.
Gwen and Vikki Higa (our #SMSHI sweepstakes winner) meet for the first time in the elevator!
Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into ours.
- Entire table trying not to laugh as Karen tries to discreetly recover wayward turkey from cleavage
- Tara commiserating with Karen about wardrobe malfunctions
- Gwen, Amberlynn, girl talk and panty hose change-outs
- Mari’s brilliant brogue and turquoise bling
@p_dub: Need to scold my parents for not giving me a cool Scottish/Candian/SoCal accent like #himari
Peter successfully herding cats: Hal, Rob and Tara
Hal’s Flip Phone fabulousity
- Gobble gobble Side Street Inn: Peter, Suzanne, Roxanne, Tara, Shirley, Stan, Jana, Karen and Gwen
- Gwen’s “Quotes Out of Context” at Shokudo
- Bansky elephants
- The Actor Teddy Wells
- Neenz’ loco moco mentoring with Gwen
- Jason aka @wailauadakine doing Linda Lingle’s Senate campaign – Go JASON!
- Meeting our favorite tweeple IRL!
Esme on coffee crack! She was flying high as she presented “How to Reach Women in Social Media”
Esme riding to the rescue with Chocorooms. DEE-LISH-US!
- I wasn’t going to risk being a heckler, I was surrounded by women. – Franklin to Karen
- Toby’s “Woo who” excitement
Social Media Club Hawaii Presents Mari Smith – Thursday
Mari’s best social media and Facebook marketing insights in person – Presenter Mari Smith
- An amazing opportunity to get up close and personal with the “Pied Piper of the Online World” Mari Smith…
so imagine Karen’s surprise when Gwen raised her hand for a critique.
Gwen raised her hand and asked Mari Smith, THE MARI SMITH, to critique our Facebook page… and it was GREAT! We were able to make a few tweaks in real time.
Our next blog, out this Friday, will feature Mari’s pearls of wisdom that were shared over three days with us. Don’t miss it!
Did you know that Social Media Club Hawaii is one of the largest social media clubs in the nation?
I first met Roxanne Darling 5 years ago at the YWCA, and even then knew we were kindred and would one day work together. Doing social media as part of my digital marketing duties, I thought it might help engage the CEO and Board if they knew what social media was, so I brought Rox in as a speaker/teacher. Back then it was rare to find anyone who could speak to what social media was, much less be able to enlighten businesses who were in the dark. I smile as I watch Rox today ever the teacher, always striving for excellent and holding the space for the big dream that is Social Media Club Hawaii.
The monthly meetings are free to attend, and are a gathering of gabby and great social media minds. Join us!
Social Media Club Hawaii
Wonder who these fabulous people are? Follow them and find out!
|Chop Chop Media
|L.P. Neenz Faleafine
|Jana S. Pierce
|Esme Infante Nii