Wahine Media’s “Win A Ticket To #SMSHI” Sweepstakes Rules
WahineMedia.com’s “Win a Ticket to 2011 Hawaii Social Media Summit” Sweepstakes Rules
Please read these Official Rules before entering this promotion (the “Promotion”). By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. The promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, age 18 or older (or the age of majority in entrant’s state of residence), and who, upon entering the Promotion, at the time of the drawing, and if asked to provide an affidavit of eligibility following the drawing, have: (i) a user account on Facebook and “like” WahineMedia.com on Facebook and have provided a valid name and email address. If you do not meet any of these requirements, or any other eligibility requirements in these Official Rules, you are not eligible to win a prize, and Wahine Media (“Sponsor”) reserves the right not to award prizes to you. Employees, directors, officers and contractors of Sponsor and Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to win. By entering this promotion, you agree to release both Wahine Media and Facebook from all liability. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:30 a.m. (all times Hawaiian Pacific Time) on , October 10, 2011, and ends at 6:00 p.m. on October 14, 2011 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
3. How to Enter.
(a) On Facebook. “Like” Wahine Media’s Facebook page (http://facebook.com/wahinemedia) through your Facebook account, if you have not done so already. Fill out the information requested by the Promotion entry form (the “Entry Form”) provided under the sweepstakes tab on the Wahine Media Facebook page (located at http://www.facebook.com/wahinemedia), and submit the Entry Form by clicking the “submit” button.
Only one (1) entry per person, during the Promotion Period. If you submit an entry twice, your name will only be entered once into the drawing. Entries become the property of Sponsor. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address connected to the Facebook account that is used to enter will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
4. Prize: One (1) winner will receive: (i) one ticket to attend the 2011 Hawaii Social Media Summit ($110). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
5. Random Drawing: The winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held by October 14, 2011 at 6:00 p.m. The winner will be notified by email (at the address provided in the Entry Form) by October 15, 2011 at 12:00 p.m. Prize will be awarded within (3) days after winner verification. If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable or if the winner does not respond to the notification within two (2) calendar days, it will result in disqualification, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing. The prize winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within seven (7) days following the date of attempted notification. Prizes are not assignable or transferable, except to a surviving spouse.
The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prize will be permitted. Entry and acceptance of any prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, prize won, affiliation, hometown and likeness for online posting and promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering the promotion, entrants and winner are releasing Facebook and Wahine Media from any liability. Winner may be required to sign release of liability, publicity release, and other reasonable documentation provided by Sponsor before being awarded a prize. If winner does not execute such documentation upon request, their prize will be forfeited and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. The prize is guaranteed to be awarded.
6. General: Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries and accepts no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from an entrant’s participation in the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees to these Official Rules and waives, and releases Sponsor and Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, as well as Facebook, and all other businesses involved in this Promotion, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each, from, all claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules or to terminate this Promotion.
Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of any Promotion materials, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of any prize. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Washington. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
7. Winner List; Rules Request: For a winner list, visit http://wahinemedia.com/smshi-facebook-sweepstakes or send a self-addressed, stamped, business-size envelope after October 20, 2011 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: SMSHI Facebook Sweepstakes Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit http://http://wahinemedia.com/smshi-sweepstakes-official-rules/ or send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: SMSHI Facebook Sweepstakes Winner Rules Request. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage.
Sponsor: Wahine Media, 49-793 Kamehameha Hwy, Kaaawa, HI 96730
Confidentiality: By entering, you may be contacted by Sponsor with future promotional offers. Your email address will never be sold or shared with any 3rd parties. By entering you are providing information to Wahine Media and and not to Facebook.
WahineMedia.com is a registered trademark of Wahine Media LLC
Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.